1. Collection of Information
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide when you create an account, fill out a form, or communicate with us or the event organisers. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use OpenEvenings.co.uk
We automatically collect information about you, including:
- We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the referral page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
2. Use of Information
2.1 Operating our Platform
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, and develop new products and services
- Personalise the Platform;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities, and protect the rights property, or safety of Open Evenings and others;
2.2 Communicating with You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
2.3 Advertising and Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide advertisements, content, or features that match member profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests and other promotions;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected.
3. Sharing of Information
3.1 Through our Platform
We share some of the information we collect by displaying it to the event organisers to which you completed an event form.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, email transmission, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process and store information about you only for the purposes we authorise, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.3 Social Sharing and Other Tools
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service. The service’s use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
4. Additional Details
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct the account information that you have provided to Open Evenings by editing your account settings or by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org Open Evenings may retain certain information as needed to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
4.3 Your Choices: Location Information
When you first access the Platform, you may be asked to consent to our collection of location information. If you do not consent to this collection, you may not be able to use our platform. You can stop the collection of location information at any time from a particular device by changing the settings on that device, but note that our Platform or its features may no longer function properly if you do.
4.4 Your Choices: Cookies
Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to remove or reject browser cookies. You can learn more about cookies, including how to block cookies, by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
4.5 Your Choices: Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Open Evenings by following the instructions in those messages or by adjusting the communication preferences that you indicate in your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
4.6 Transfer of Information in the UK and Other Countries
Open Evenings is based in the UK and the information we collect is governed by UK law. By accessing or using the Platform or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the UK and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law
We employ measures designed to protect information about you, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, we use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
4.8 Policy Scope
4.9 Revisions to this Policy
4.10 Contact Us